Tuesday, February 10, 2015

En Route

The journey has begun!  Mike and I drove to Portland on Sunday and spent a lovely evening with our friends Debbie and Rick and sweet dog Zoe at their home west of Portland.  We had a great time eating pizza and watching Downton Abbey together.  We left Monday morning and drove through a torrential rain and wind storm in central Oregon to sunny Davis, California.  I am writing from Davis this morning before we head to Desert Hot Springs tonight and then onto Tucson tomorrow.  I am glad to be in Davis.  This is my first time to be in the city of the major California Land Grant University and I will return for visits to see UC faculty and Cooperative Extension advisors in March.
On our way south, we saw many flocks of sheep in Oregon, standing in the rain and wind, protected by their wool.  There were many baby lambs to be seen.  As a knitter and lover of wool and eater of lamb I was thrilled to see the many flocks along the way.  We were also privileged to see Mt. Shasta in all her glory.  We saw Jupiter lighting up the early evening sky.  We also saw Venus and Mars.  I have a new program for my iPhone, Starglobe, that works incredibly well.  You simply point the phone to the sky where you want to identify the star or planet and it tells you what you are seeing.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment